Instructions – Execution
- The triceps extension with the cable grip on the cable machine is a variation on the traditional triceps extension with a bar .
- Stand facing and with a straight back in front of a cable pulley with a rope handle attached to the cable. Grasp the two ends of the rope so that your palms are facing each other.
- Extend your arms and exhale. The arms are not fully stretched to maintain muscle tension.
- Bend your arms until your forearms are at right angles to your upper arms. Meanwhile, breathe in.
- The elbows remain close to the body throughout the execution.
Worked Muscles – Triceps Extensions With Rope Grip
- This form of rope tricep pressdown works the triceps
- Step-by-step instructions
- Sit on the weight bench with the dumbbell in hand.
- Your back is stretch straight with a very slight hollow back.
- Lift the dumbbell straight up with a firm grip. Extend your arm with your palm facing in.
- Turn your elbow out a little and bend it so the dumbbell moves behind your head. You are now in the starting position.
- Extend your arm at the elbow, but don’t twist your elbow anymore. Don’t hyperextend your elbow, but maintain a slight bend. Hold the position for a moment and then lower the dumbbell back to the starting position. Switch arms when you’ve completed all reps on the first side.
Common Mistakes Tricep Extensions
As with all tricep isolation exercises, avoid fully extending your elbows. This puts a strain on the joints and does not bring any significant added value in terms of muscle stimulus. Maintain a slight bend in the elbow at the end of the extension movement.
Also make sure that the stretching movement is done exclusively from the elbow. The shoulder should not move during the exercise.
Also Read- be-fit